Friday, July 13, 2012

Marblehead Lighthouse

The Marblehead Lighthouse stamp from Stacy Stamps is one of my favorite stamps.  I have a few other lighthouse stamps, but this one seems to be my go-to stamp when making masculine cards.

The Marblehead Lighthouse is within 30 miles of my home.  I spent a lot of time in Marblehead as a kid, however, we did not ever visit the lighthouse because it was closed to the public.  It is now open to the public.  I have been there a few times, but never when the lighthouse was open for tours.  To see what the lighthouse looks like IRL click HERE.

These are just a few of the cards I have made with this stamp over the years.  I notice I tend to use a navy theme when making my cards.
The lighthouse was stamped on the white card base then matted with a red oval and a navyish colored mat.  The birds and the wood pillars are from the Sailing Set by Stacy Stamps and the the moon is the Moon/Sun stamp also by Stacy Stamps.  I have found that the white craft ink from SU! is the best for stamping on colored cardstock. 
To learn to tie this Carrick Bend knot, click HERE.  You only want to go through the first six steps.  I had a better website with animation, but the page is no longer available.
The navy background was also run through the Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder.  It was actually by accident as I was talking on the phone while making this card and wasn't paying attention.  After I ran the white though the folder, I realized that the navy and white lined up perfectly so I could still use the navy cardstock. 
Used a ticket punch on the corners and Tim Holtz Bricked embossing folder on this one and added some twine.
The corners were punched with a Southwest punch on this one.
I have tempted several times to color this stamp but have never been happy with the results.  This one turned out ok; I'm still not thrilled with it.
Supplies:
Stacy Stamps: Marblehead Lighthouse, Moon/Sun, Sailing Set
Embossing Folders: Happy Birthday, Bricked
Twine
Punches: Ticket, Southwest
Oval Nesties
Thanks for looking!
Carol
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment