Sunday, March 25, 2012

Easter Basket


I saw this cute little Easter basket on Splitcoaststampers and knew I had to try to make one for myself.  Unlike the one on Splitcoast, I did use adhesive to hold everything together.  It was too taxing on my brain to figure out how to do it without. 

I glued together two MFT picket fences by overlapping one of the pickets.  Fold after every 9 pickets to make a box.  There will be one picket left over that you will overlap and glue to the first picket to complete the box.  I then cut a 3 1/2" square and scored at 1/4" on all sides to make the bottom.  Fold sides up and put adhesive around the edges and fit inside the picket fence.  I used Martha Stewart punches for the grass, handle and butterflies.  The vine is a Poppystamps die.  I colored the Pure Innocence My Basket of Eggs girl with Copics and cut out.  I cut the bunny out of a scrap of Bella Blvd. paper.
I made this while I was at the Embellished Scrapbook Boutique and did not have anything to fill the basket.  I borrowed the eggs, chick and grass from another teacher (unbeknownst to her - Marianne, you can have it all back!) so that I could complete my project.  The store owner decided she is going to use it as a project this week when she has her MRDD class.

Supplies:
My Favorite Things picket fence, Pure Innocence My Basket of Eggs
Martha Stewart punches: Doily Lace Trim Deep Edge, 3 in 1 Classic Butterfly, Grass Edge
Poppystamps Ivy Tendrils
Copics

Thanks for looking!
Carol

Linked to:

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is so charming! Love it!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry, being sure to mention you saw them on Make it Monday, for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Easter Basket. I Saw your project on MIM.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very adorable. What a great idea. Your execution is perfect. I am visiting from MIM. Thanks, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your basket.,I saw this on MIM and came for a closer look.xxx

    ReplyDelete